Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mi Cumpli

I turned 23 this year.

Actually it was in June, but here I am less than a month later with a post about it! This is truly progress for me.

It's been a good year. In the past 365 days I have:

1. Become a college graduate (technically)

2. Initiated the process of starting my little family; a process in which I am currently in the "waiting for him to come any week from here on out" stage.

Okay. That's only 2 things; a lot shorter than I thought it would be.

BUT. Those are pretty significant life accomplishments for the past 23 short ones, no?

I had to post about the day of birth mainly because my sweet Kyle (along with many others) did a great job of making me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Mi cumpli fell on a Monday, so I did have work and class, but before going to work my Sunshine made me breakfast-a "Kyle McMuffin" to be exact. De-licious. The office celebrated with some tasty chips and salsa (Thank you Sharla). I ended up skipping class. Why not? Which ended up being perfect because Kyle had a lil' something planned:
I realize the foods pictured above are NOT HEALTHY at all, lol. Don't judge me. Kyle had planned a quiet picnic in the park with a few foods I had craved throughout my pregnancy thus far. Little cutiepants. It was quite a bit food for me, but Kyle was starving so he had no problem taking one for the team ;).

I suppose we could call this my 34-weeks shot. Not much zoom on the belly, but that's okay, because...

THIS was my Absolute favorite picture of the day. I wanted a picture with my Sunshine and after taking this, realized that since the beginning of my pregnancy, most (if not all) the pictures have ONLY been of me and my belly. Pobresito Kyle.

But here it is. My favorite picture. Our first family potrait ;)

We spent the rest of the afternoon buying baby stuff. And you know what the best part was? It was ALL gift card money...sigh. What will we do when those run out?

As if that wasn't enough, Kyle informed that even the baby had gotten me something! But that I had to wait 'till we got home to have it. So when we finally walked through the door, I saw this cute little note:

In the freezer was one more note:

My little sweetie pie had gotten me my favorite Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor...but in mini size!

I'm pretty sure the ice-cream was more for him than me; he's been a pretty big fan of it in this last trimester... =).

The rest of my birthdays will be with little ninos running around everywhere, so it should make for an eventful...rest of my life. Can't wait.

4 comments:

Topsy and Havoc said...

wow. i'm in love with the post and pictures and with babyj. miss you already.

cutest prego girl

Julene said...

Hello my dear Paola! Oh, how I miss you and your tummy! You will be in my prayers in the coming week...can't wait to hear the news. And happy late birthday! What a great year you had. Love you!

sammi said...

ah! that's adorable. sounds like a good birthday. it was good seeing you in the office the other day!

Annah said...

Awwww sweetest post :) I loved this. Happy Birthday!