Monday, June 14, 2010

Welcome to the Jungle


After some inspired advice from the sweet Singley's, Kyle decided a while ago to set up an email account for our baby boy so that we could send him our thoughts and feelings while he's still littles. The idea was that once he got old enough, he could read all the emails we'd sent him before he even got here! I'm so bad with keeping up with my journal entries, so naturally I loved the idea.

But I got to thinking. Why should Kyle and I have all the fun?

We figured there were plenty of people out there who Love him enough to send a little note or something. So I decided I'd open it up to anyone who'd like to:

cljellings@gmail.com

Yes. Those are his initials. =)

Just for fun, I thought I'd give one preview of an email I wrote to him just earlier today. Hope you enjoy it:

Hello sweet angel,

Yesterday I started my 32nd week of renting my tummy out to you . So I have officially completed my 7th month of pregnancy! (I think). I always get confused on how the week and month thing work out with each other.

Anyway.

We just got back from a 10-day trip to CA last night and had YOUR baby shower at your Abuelitos' house with LOTS of people who Love you already and who can't WAIT to meet you. (Don't worry, no one's more excited than me and your papa). It was a great trip, but happy to be back in our little Provo home and simply wait for you to (softly, please) come into the world. Take your time though! I want you as chubby as can be before you get here, if that's okay with you. lol.

On the way back to Provo, your dad asked me if I was going to make a "birthing mix" (or something like that) for when you decide to grace us with your presence. I hadn't given much thought to it, but I pictured Enya or something relaxing in my head. Of course your papa had another idea.

He liked the idea of playing, "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses. Oh how I wish you could see his impression of it. Just priceless.

After reading the lyrics today, I decided it probably wasn't the most appropriate song to play. I hope you agree someday. I think your papa just liked the first line.

Te quiero siempre mi vida. MUAH.

--
-Paola Jellings

3 comments:

Topsy and Havoc said...

what a good idea. my little cl will be receiving a note from his favorite friend of his parents. by the way...i 90% sure i know what the "c" stands for...and you know i think it's adorable whether i'm right of wrong. and "l" is for laura. i'm so happy!

Brittany Calkins said...

THATS SO CUTE! Dan set up an email account for Ava, I am going to start emailing her!!

The Busey Family said...

What a cute post. Thanks for the comment on my blog as well. I am sorry that I made you cry. I wish that we could have spend more time with you guys in Provo. One time was NOT enough. Anyways...someday hopefully. I hope you all are doing well and having a great time being pregnant.