Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Little Ray of Sunshine

As the ultrasound tech was slopping the goo on my belly, I turned to Kyle and said, "last chance buddy. What do you think?"

He kept to his original guess...a girl. I stuck to mine...a boy. So we made a bet.

If he was right, I'd buy him a soft-serve cone; if I was right, I got a Fish Filet! (don't ask; I love them).

Guess who won?:

We are having a boy. And just to prove it, here's a picture of his "naughty bits"-as Kyle so eloquently likes to call them:

We walked into the ultrasound room, & the idea that it could quite possibly be a girl crossed my mind (even though I knew it was a boy); I was sincerely and perfectly content with that. Of course the tears simply streamed down my face as I was told we'd be having un pedasito de Kyle.

A baby boy. MY baby boy.

I closed my eyes, shook my head in disbelief of the fact that my husband and I had created this beautiful being; that Heavenly Father trusted us enough to care for one of his little angels. And as my sweet Kyle tightly squeezed my hand, I loved him even more at that very moment...

We also got a dvd to go with our pictures-pretty sweet no?-but for length's sake, I figured I'd simply share my favorite ultrasound picture:

I could see his nose, his lips, his face! It doesn't get much better than that for me. And I couldn't help but think my sweet baby had a little smirk. The one below was Kyle's favorite:
Kyle thinks he's smiling more in this one than the previous, which is why it's his favorite, but I still like mine better. =)

I had planned on posting some more 'pregnancy' shots, but just never got around to actually taking the pictures, lol. Instead, here's a close-up shot Kyle got of my 22 week belly at our buddy Jimmy's cumpleanos:

And the whole-body shot of course. The little one wanted to join in on the party, so I let him wear my party hat (thanks to Angelynn's inspired idea):
(And no. I'm not picking my nose)

Thank you to all who have shared in our excitement during this incredible experience. I'll try to be better about posting.

p.s. It seems the underdogs in our baby poll provided a nice upset as well; 12 votes for boy and 16 votes for girl. Nice work guys!=)

7 comments:

Jamie and JD said...

CONGRATS!! YEAH!!! Oh I'm so excited for you guys!! That is AWESOME!! A little boy...too cute. We are so happy for you! Sorry about the overuse of exclamation points, but I felt they were necessary to convey my feelings :)

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I've been looking everyday to check if you posted and you finally did!!! :) I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH!!!

Julene said...

This is one lucky little boy. You are creating a heavenly blueprint for your family! :) How's your talk coming? :)

Ashley Archibald said...

Finally! I've been waiting for these pictures! He looks so cute and happy in there I love it! Are you feeling him kick now? We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! I'm not exaggerating that I know 20+ women who are pregnant or delivered in the past six months and you are only the 2nd one having a BOY of the whole group!!! I am so excited for you and Kyle! Can't wait to see him!! You'll DEFINITELY need those Dodger one-sies now!!! :-)

mikey and kimby said...

Oh, I LOVE it!

Ashley Archibald said...

um, hello, please update your blog. i need an update!!