Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Completely Smitten


A year and a half ago TODAY, my Sunshine became Eternal.

And to think, I thought I'd only fall in love like that just once...

Boy. Was I wrong...

For anyone out there who didn't quite seem to get it =)...

Kyle and I are expecting a baby in August.

It's funny to me how seriously I contemplated whether or not I should put exclamation marks after the previous statement. But after some (unnecessary) excess thought, I have come to the realization that I am, Simply.Grateful. No amount of expressive marks can really begin to describe all the emotions we have felt since the very beginning of all this. Truly, I have fallen in love all over again; who knew I could be so enamored with a beating heart?

We realize that anything could happen between now and August. And that some may consider it plain crazy to put something like this on a public blog. But as sweet Angelynn reminded me, I can't spend 9 months being paranoid about what could go wrong; I need to make sure I enjoy every second of my pregnancy and know that Heavenly Father has a reason for everything if our circumstance should change.

Besides, Kyle and I figured...if you love us enough to look at our blog, we love you enough to tell you =):

I found out I was pregnant on December 11, 2009 around 6:15 a.m. I had always dreamed of telling Kyle the big news by surprising him with a mini Dodgers onesie and watching him figure it out. But seeing as that

1.) Dodgers stuff is practically nonexistent in Utah
2.) It was 6:15 in the morning

I had to work with what I had.
With that, came this idea (seeing as I was already in the bathroom):


I actually got to record Kyle's reaction to the news by placing our camera on a bathroom ledge and coming up with a way to get him into the bathroom without giving anything away ;). And although we had considered keeping this video for our own tender memories, we did ultimately decide to share it as well. Like I said, if you love us, we love you.

BUT!!!! There is a DISCLAIMER (possibly more than one):

1. For all our 'non-swearing' friends, please remember that Kyle IS a convert to the church ;) (It's not too bad, I promise.)

2. It is 6:30 in the morning, hence the "early morning" appearance of your truly.

3. The 'waiting period of nothingness' is pobresito Kyle waking up and slowly attempting to help me with my 'problem' =). But if you put up the volume, you can hear him getting out of bed. lol.

4. The main reason I don't give much of a response to all his questions is because I was already crying by that point. But I am nodding and trying to get a "yes" out every time he asks me something.

With that LARGELY overdone introduction, I hope you enjoy our video:



Because this post is FAR TOO LONG as it is, I will simply end with Kyle's "eww...you peed on that thing" face after he finally allowed the idea of being a daddy settle in:



We love you all and promise to write more about my personal pregnancy "things" in a following post.

P.S. Even though this IS a public blog, we're not exactly going FACEBOOK public, lol. So please feel free to email or call.

10 comments:

Becky said...

I laughed so hard watching that video. Awesome! I love you three. :P

kiddosmommy2 said...

Ahhhh!!! I love it!! I'm SO excited for you!!! Love you guys!! :)

Clarissa Calderon said...

boy or girl?!

Jamie and JD said...

We think you guys will be the cutest parents in parenting history! You cannot believe how big my smile was when I read this! And JD LOVED the video! Congrats! We could not be happier for you guys :)

Anita said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you! How are you feeling so far?
--Anita and Paul Fairbanks
p.s. That video made us laugh till we cried.

Grant and Jill said...

We are so happy for you guys! The video may or may not have made Jill cry! :) You guys are the best and congratulations again!

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys!!! That is soooo Awesome! Can't wait to see how cute a jelling baby will turn out to be! Hope your pregnancy goes well!

All Handleys on Deck! said...

Love it!! We're so excited for you two!! Great job with the last minute thinking... I wouldn't have been able to come up with that at 6 in the morning!

Brittany Calkins said...

Yay!!! cute video! Dan didn't believe me that no matter how faint a 2nd line it still meant I was pregnant, took a dr visit to get through to him! Kyle was sooo cute in that video! Cant wait to hear if its a boy or girl!!!

Tedi @ Running with Infertility said...

Oh congrats! I am so happy for you guys! Now onto us right? ;) Loved the video! Chase even laughed at what kyle said AFTER he saw the mirror. :)