Friday, November 20, 2009

August 16, 2009: One Year Down


I KNOW. I KNOW. I'm Really, really late.

BUT!

Thanks to the memory card on my camera finally filling up (& therefore forcing me to finally put pictures on the computer) and a certain someone commenting on the 'unacceptability' of my lack of posting, I am back. For now. =)

On August 16th, 2008 I got to marry 'the greatest curveball Heavenly Father ever threw at me.'


364 days later (our actual anniversary fell on a Sunday) what better way to celebrate than with a little R&R and some good ol' comida Mexicana?

That Saturday, Kyle was in Park City all day at a journalism retreat. And since every time I asked him if he was secretly planning a romantic getaway for us, his response was "no", I knew I was on my own to plan our special night. =)

Destination #1: a spa where we enjoyed the sauna, jacuzzi, and each got 1 hr. massages; Swedish for me and Kyle got a Deep Tissue. Neither one of us had ever gotten one before, so it was pretty sweet.

As you can see from the picture, it wasn't the classiest joint in the world; the jacuzzi was actually right next to the front desk and only separated by a wooden lattice. haha. But the people were nice and it really was relaxing...

So relaxing in fact...that Kyle knocked out even before we left the parking lot.


Destination #2: The Red Iguana; a restaurant Kyle's dad had heard of on Diners, Drive-In's, and Dives (a food network show). For some reason the directions took us through this shady part of Salt Lake-like lock the doors, roll up the windows, and keep your eyes on the road shady-but the food ended up being way worth it.

When we pulled up to it, Kyle thought it was a night club with its neon lights and 30-ish people waiting outside, lol. Everyone had huge parties, so we got in right away.

My favorite part of the night was when these cute lil' men came over with their guitars and serenaded us. Before we got married, Kyle had memorized a Spanish love song and had planned on singing it to me on our wedding day. Unfortunately, we were never able to do it.

But one year later, I finally got my song =). My sweet Sunshine still even knew most of the words. Even if it took a little longer than expected, it was completely worth it. And yes, I cried. No surprise.


Apparently the Red Iguana is famous for their Mole, and they had so many choices! Our sweet waiter brought this out for me so I could personally taste each one! I loved the colors so much, I just had to take a picture. And yes, it tastes A LOT better than it looks (but my mom's is better).


Kyle got to pick what we had for dessert; it was between Pastel de Tres Leches or Deep Fried Ice Cream. As you can see, he took this responsibility very seriously:

He picked Deep Fried Ice Cream.
Unfortunately for me, my taste buds ended up disagreeing with his choice of dessert. Fortunately for Kyle, he was more than willing to not let the food go to waste. =)


And what better way to end a perfect night then with a pretty view and a handsome man holding my hand. Even if the picture doesn't do it justice, the sight of the SLC Temple-particularly at night-is simply breathtaking.


The following morning my sweet Sunshine made me breakfast-in-couch! I'm pretty sure the food caused me to have a heart attack sometime afterwards, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it, but Kyle got me my own personal hymnbook!! It has Paola Jellings inscribed on it and even fits in my pocket (kinda). Apparently Kyle wanted something with my "real name" on it; Paola Trinidad inscribed on my scriptures didn't seem to be working for him. But such a perfect gift for a convert who hasn't memorized the hymns yet. (You should see the looks I get in class when I never sing along to the hymns; priceless)

OVERALL, one year down. Can't wait for our Golden Anniversary.

And to my Sunshine, I love joo. And professing my love on the blog doesn't make it any more real. So simply said, I love joo; you know it and that's all that matters.

2 comments:

Topsy and Havoc said...

yes finally! i LOVE all the pictures and seriously. sounds like the best anniversary ever. you two really know what's up

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry I havent been checking your blog recently. The system that my husband put on my computer to let me know when people updated isnt working right. So I have been detached from the blogging world! Hope you had a wonderful day (it looks like you did!) love you!