Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gratitude

I've been meaning to post this for a good while now... but surprisingly enough, having 2 jobs, and being a wife that tends to her "house-ly" duties made this summer fly by so unbelievably quick that it didn't leave much time for ALL the things I was supposed to do this summer.

Anyway.

For some reason, I've been a bit more 'emotional' than usual. And no, I'm not pregnant. lol. I have found myself doing some serious thinking and reflecting; and after a myriad of experiences this week, I decided that I needed to remind certain special people how grateful I was for them.



TO OUR FAMILIES:
To say that we love and miss you would simply be an understatement. A while ago, Kyle and I had contemplated going off on our own and maybe doing grad school on the east coast somewhere...but ultimately decided...we could never handle being that far away from everyone. (I'd like to think you guys would miss us too much to be that far away too, but that's besides the point.) I'm already enough of an emotional roller coaster in Provo, Utah; I could just imagine myself in New York, or Pennsylvania. Geezo; poor Kyle =). Just the other day, I was imitating something lil' Karley had recently done, and Kyle made me stop because it was making him all sad; how sweet is that? When it comes down to it, we miss you all SO very much; I don't want to miss anymore of Chewy's cumpleanos, or listen to mi mama exhale deeply every time we get off the phone. We want to be there for ALL the baby Shag's
pre-school/high-school graduations and watch my sweet mother-in-law's face light up every time she sees her baby boy. California is great, but mainly because of who is there. And even though we're not ready for the financial aspect of the Golden State, I want Abuelitos Trinidad and Jellings to not miss one second of baby Calvin/Ava's life (I repeat. not pregnant). =)





TO THE CSCxO2:
However cheesy all this may sound to some boys in the Chill Spot Crew, I need to make sure I thank you guys. Mainly because you all make up such a major part of Kyle's life and simply continue to do so. You make him sincerely happy and some of his best memories are with each and every one of you. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm a bit jealous of the bond all you boys have. I have a handful of great friends, but nothing like you guys have. Smitty, we LOVED having you be the 1st one to get to know our humble home-and can't wait for the rest of you to come visit (hint, hint)! Jamil, we sure hope that second paycheck comes quick; we already know what the 1st one went to ;)! Eigel, I have no idea whether or not you even look at our blog, but I've been meaning to thank you for the lil' note you wrote on our wedding picture frame when we got married. You probably don't even remember, lol, but it meant so much to me and is actually my favorite note on the whole frame. Zinser and Walberg, we hope CA eventually becomes a part of your ultimate goals. Carlos, our dedicated reader, we just love you and your infinitely wise blog (which I hope you update soon). CV-come to think of it, I'd probably consider you the quietest one of the bunch, but the times we have been able to chat, it has always been an absolute pleasure =).Whether you're in CA, Colorado, Tennessee, or Idaho, thank you for keeping in touch with Kyle; I hope you guys know how much he misses you.





TO OUR BESTIES:
Someone in Utah misses you guys =). I LOVED talking to you the other day mija and dont worry, I promise we will keep in touch. No matter what the 8-ball says, we will see each other again. Promise me you won't find some new besties to replace us; we are after all, the Jellings. And I promise you the same; I find it rather hard to believe that there is anyone quite like the Hendricks. We love you guys and thank you for making our ward, that much more memorable. Besties for life! And looking forward to gradution...Carribean here we come. =)





TO MY HEID:
Ayayayay. My sweet Heidi...I didn't tell you this when we talked on the phone, but as I was cleaning my room the other day, I came across the birthday card you'd written me for my 21st (I still keep it next to my bed =]). And to put it shortly, it made me remember how much I miss you. Walking to class is just never the same when I know you won't be waiting outside the JFSB for me; rain, snow, or sun, you were always there. I hope you know how much I miss joo and love joo, lol, and can't wait for us to be in the same city once again; however long that may take. Please don't ever stop calling me; I promise I'll be better about it as well. I'm glad you liked the "cd" I sent you =) and I look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for ALWAYS remembering; whether it's our anniversary, a birthday, or just cute thank you cards that we tape to our refrigerator, you are always there.





TO MY SUNSHINE:
You had to know I was going to be grateful for this cute kid. We just celebrated one whole year of wedded bliss (pictures to come, I promise); can you believe it's already been a year? Although no drastic lows quite yet, we've definitely had some highs and lower highs this past year, but throughout it all, laughter has consistently been a part of it. Although I will test your patience when I'm asking a million questions, and seek forgiveness when my craziness/'passion' gets the best of me, I will try my best to make our eternity a beautiful one. Thank you my sweet angel, for all that you do for me. You are the only one that knows my every imperfection and flaw, and still, at the end of the day...can still love me unconditionally. i love joo forever.


p.s. Next post...Our 1 yr. anniversary celebration!

4 comments:

Becky said...

And thank you for Becky Freaking Coleman because she's really cool and married a really cool guy and we love hanging out with them.

Tedi @ Running with Infertility said...

Wow. I need to be more grateful! Thanks for this post. Maybe I'll start writing down more things that I am grateful for. :)

Topsy and Havoc said...

i miss you guys! we are grateful for you too!

Heidi said...

I was feeling a little glum, and I read this post again. Needless to say, I'm smiling now.

I am so grateful for the Jellings!
Love you two!