So I'm a lil' late. But that's okay!
Last Friday, my WHOLE familia (minus Alvarito) showed up at my work about 15 minutes before I was to go home. I was waiting for sweet Kyle to bring me lunch before I was (supposed) to go to job #2 for the day, when I saw this small very-tan child run towards the glass doors of the office and then struggle to get those darn heavy doors open for about 3 minutes lol. He walked in and said, "Tia Pola, are you hungry?", as he held my lunch in his small hands.
Although it took me a minute to register, I realized it was my 4 yr. old nephew Joey:

... needless to say, the gasps and waterworks followed immediately. =)
IT WAS SUCH A WONDERFUL FEELING TO HAVE THEM HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really, just thinking about it makes me so happy.
My crazy family had left at 10:30 p.m Thursday NIGHT and had just stopped like twice for 1hr naps. So after a round of Jamba Juice (thanks to the Sweet Sharla), Diego's for lunch, & the Grand Tour of Casita Jellings, the whole familia KNOCKED OUT for the next 4 hours haha. Joseph was going 1 million miles a minute so Kyle and I decided to take him to the duck pond and let everyone else rest:
My favorite picture of that lil' expedition:
(notice Joseph's hand on the right side...)
...which leads us to Kyle's favorite picture =) :
Friday night everyone just hung out and slept some more. Saturday, although no pictures, was spent with the girls having a shopping day (woohoo!) while the boys grilled up 8 lbs. of BOMB carne asada, and my dad's famous/phenomenal salsa and unforgettable frijoles. We watched the LAKERS win while reaping the benefits of my dad's mexican cooking and had some Sub-Zero (mm-mmm) during half-time.
Mi friendly apa w/ his girls:
Sunday morning was spent with more cooking for us lol. My mom made her De.lic.ious Peruvian Torejas and my Abuelita's Machica-which is probably the only thing Kyle's not a big fan of, food wise. Ultimately I didn't have to make any dinner for a good whole week which I was totally happy about!! While Kyle was happiest about my family washing their own plates the whole weekend haha. They hit the road before church started and made it home safely thank goodness.
Mi cute ama:

However short-lived it may have felt, I can't express in words how wonderfully amazing it felt to see mi familia again! I love and miss you guys sooo much!!! CAN'T WAIT for June!!!! We'll see you guys soon ! MUAH! Besos y abrazos para todos!
my Sex-ay sister and chiquita Abuelita:
4 comments:
LOL!!!! you are so funny but first of all that picture of me blowing out my candles is not cute what so ever! you're making me look bad girl c'mon! and second of all there are pictures from shopping on saturday they're just in my camera and i dont have a cord for it yet but it was sooooo much fun and im glad we finally got to see your first house because i knew we would never hear the end of it if we didnt lol....but its a gorgeous place and it was all fun.. especially lookin for the sunglasses on the receipt ;).... your crazy mother!!!! but cant wait for more fun times in June!!! counting down he days! LOVE U SISTER!!!
aaah! i love this post. wish i could have met the familia! i know it was a packed weekend though, those are some cute pics!
Fun pictures. What a great surprise. My family has done that to me before and I am filled with tears and happiness. Isn't family great? I hope you had a great time!
What a FUN time! How awesome to be surprised. Love the duck pond pictures especially.
Lady, I'm going to need some of those recipes. Pronto!
Miss you!
Post a Comment