Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What is Kyle up to?

UVU Review

Just to let everyone know I am doing great.  A lot of great things have happened in the last few weeks that are really going to help me in the future.  Where to start...well lets start with the bad news so my head doesn't get too big.  I did not become sports editor.  So currently I am not in school but I have still been working at the paper and got to be assistant sports editor and this year I felt that I would be qualified to be Sports Editor.  So when I went in for the interview the Editor in Chief told me that she had already chosen the sports editor.  However she had something else in store for me.  She said she wanted me to be Managing Editor which is second in command at the paper and her right hand man.  Needless to say I accepted...so what does that mean exactly.  Managing editor is the jack of all trades at a newspaper.  So I have a lot of learning to do but I'm excited.  One benefit I get to go to Baltimore in June for a Journalism conference and I get to meet Bob Woodward (The guy to the left of Robert Redford).  He and Carl Bernstein were the Washington Post writers that broke the Watergate Scandal.  One thing is as managing editor I have to work about 30+ hours a week at the paper which I am excited about but Paola not so much.  But they help out by paying my full tuition!!!!!  



Another huge thing that is happing this summer is my internship.  I was frantically looking for an internship this summer and I wanted it to be sports related.  That was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.  I found one at first but it was in Las Vegas and I don't think I could handle being away from my wife for the summer.  Then I just got an idea to e-mail one of the radio stations that I listen to in the afternoon.  I e-mailed Bill Riley and literally ten minutes later he said they would certainly like to have an intern for the summer.  And next thing you know I have an internship with the Bill and Spence Show on KALL 700 sports.  And I am super excited!!!



So that is my life right now...Any questions feel free to ask.

P.S. I got tickets to the Lakers game vs. the Jazz on April 23...GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah! You guys are great!

Ben said...

Kyle! That rocks. I read ya'll's blog, it's great (your wife is hysterically funny sometimes). We're having a good time in Fort Denver (I've decided that everywhere in Colorado should have "Fort" added to it) and I am officially not liking to study anymore. AAAAHHH! But it's still good!