On Sunday, the little guy will be ONE whole year old. And then tomorrow, I will blink, and he will be graduating from high school. Sigh.
I think I'm coping with it a lot better than I thought I would. No emotional breakdowns of any sort; at least not yet. I have sincerely enjoyed watching Cal grow little by little and be fascinated by every new thing. I think as adults, that's something we all need a little more of in our lives; fascination in the simple things.
Alas, if I cannot keep my baby boy from growing up, I might as well celebrate right?
Therefore...
(the beautiful work of: http://www.blissblvddesigns.com/)
However completely unaware Calvin will be of his first cumpleanos, we are having a Lego-themed birthday party for him.
And to think, just yesterday, I was holding this little chunk of Heaven in my arms
I am PRAYING my Martha Stewart instincts finally decide to manifest themselves next Sunday. We'll see how it goes...
How I wish certain special besties from a little "Hole" in Wyoming, or some really "GOOD(in)" neighbors from Provo could make it to the fiesta. We'll have to save you a goodie bag.

2 comments:
paola!!!! i wish we could be there too! but yes, a goodie bag will have to do, thank you. aah he is so big! he is a little man!
Martha Stewart is over-rated my dear. You've already created the most beautiful bundle of everything wonderful. Can't believe it's been a year! Love you dearly friend. And you're right...high school is just around the corner. Enjoy every moment!
Post a Comment