Almost a week late, BUT, 2 posts in the same month? WOWZA!! =)
My mother's day was perfect. Per.fect. Spent it with people I love and I couldn't be happier. (The sushi, movies, and flowers didn't hurt either.)
But my absolute favorite moment had to do with who else, but the little munchkin. And I just had to record it before the little treasured memory escaped my mind:
There we were, sitting in church as content as could be, while the speaker spoke so eloquently of his mother and wife. And wouldn't you believe it? I got teary-eyed; I was so emotional that day...in a good way. Cal was ALL.OVER.THE.PLACE as I held-or attempted to hold-him in my arms and was loving looking at all the people sitting in the seats behind us. Out of nowhere, he stopped in his tracks and just stared at me for what seemed to be an eternal second. He lifted his hand and began to reach towards my face; something he likes to do quite often. This time however, as he continued to stare at me, his little chubby fingers slowly lifted themselves to my faces until one finger was placed on the outer corner of my eye and touched the little tear that was on its way to my cheek.
I know the story may not seem that extraordinary to some, but since he's my baby I think everything he does is amazing. I couldn't help but feel it portrayed his sweet tender spirit.
4 comments:
oh for heaven's sake that is the cutest story! i'm loving that little bum bum picture. glad you had a good mothers day.
still can't believe you're a mother!
I love this. You're such a sweet mommy.
No, that story is pretty amazing and I've never even met your little guy (that should change). I got emotional reading it. I'm so glad you had a great first mother's day.
This story is the Paola I love and remember...and your darling boy is learning from your tender, beautiful spirit. It sounds like life is good for you in sunny CA, but we still miss you here in Utah. Cal is so big! It makes me realize how long you've been gone. Kiss those cheeks for me...both sets! :)
Love you so much!
Post a Comment