Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One Down...

Well, I did it. I had my first "emotional breakdown" of the winter semester. =) Although the first of many I'm sure, allow me to reminisce on just how ridiculous I allow myself to be sometimes:

 1. I missed out on 1.5 hrs of extra sleep for a meeting I THOUGHT I had at 8:30.

 2. It was just one of those "can't do anything to make myself feel pretty days"-girls, I know you feel me.

 3. I got 'mad' at Kyle for freezing the turkey breast I had wanted to use for my lunch that day; (When of course, I should have just been grateful that my Sunshine put all the groceries away the night before).

 4.  I arrived 10 minutes late to the 'meeting' that NO ONE showed up to.

 5.  I got 'mad' at (aka took my frustration out on) Kyle when I ran back downstairs and found that he wasn't there waiting for me; EVEN THOUGH, he had wanted to wait-just in case no one was there-but I had convinced him not to.

 6.  Once again, I got 'mad' at Kyle (I know, I'm horrible) for forgetting his cell phone at home and therefore hindering me from calling him to come right back for me. And all this while I stood alone in front of the Hinckley Building yelling, "who doesn't carry their cell phone?!?!" at no one in particular. 

After giving up on the idea that I was fast enough to cut through campus and maybe catch up to him over by the Wilk, the tears just came (and please, just laugh with me). I started the trek across campus to go home while nasty mocos-boogers in spanish =)-just wouldn't stop. In order to keep me from having a waterworks show for everyone on campus, I stared at the floor as I walked and just kept repeating to myself, "Why are you doing this? Stop it, you're acting crazy".  So if you're someone who passed by me that morning, that's me;  the crazy girl talking to herself =). Anyway, Kyle had literally been home two seconds when I called him again, and without hesitation was out the door one more time.   

I guess you could say the official breakdown came once I got in the car and just let everything out to Kyle. I apologized for being so mean and crazy, I told him how much I loved him, I cried some more...and all this about 50 times. 

As for my happy ending: We arrived at our wonderful humble home, got into our pj's, crawled into bed, and Kyle held me while I attempted to apologize some more. Kyle admitted that he knew I was crazy, but that he'd always known what he was getting himself into. "It's your imperfections that make you you, and that's why I love you" was whispered in my ear, and as we dozed off I remembered, "we are too blessed to be stressed". 

i Love you my Sunshine. Anyone else would have been out the door a long time ago. My Eternity couldn't be any better.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

It sounds like you missed a meeting that I might have been in charge of. I am SO SORRY! I hope your day got better!

Becky said...

Paola, you make me cry, that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. I can't wait to be married...

Gina woodhouse said...

We've all been there. What a great guy to be so patient and understanding. It's always great to make up after you get all the crying out of the way. Hang in there.

Topsy and Havoc said...

you had a breakdown? that's wierd...that has never happened to me. :)